Friday, October 18, 2013

Gods choices



I read with children at a local elementary school and this week was the start of reading with students for this new school year. One  of my students in 2nd grade shared how in 14 days he was going to have a new baby brother and that he was excited. I asked him if he had other brothers and sisters and he said he had one younger brother. He then shared that his Dad wanted a boy and his brother also wanted a boy but that his Mom wanted a girl and so did he. Then he said but God wanted a boy, and He got to choose!!!

That simple comment has really stayed with me all week. How do I look at God when He gets to choose things in my life that maybe goes against what I want? Do I fight against Gods choices, or do I submit to His far greater understanding and accept that His ways are higher than mine? (Isaiah 55:8-9) As I submit and see His choice is born out of love for me and knowing things that I don't know, can I then get as excited about His choice as I would if I had my choice?

Lord, help all of us to submit to Your plans and purposes and Your choices with a grateful and excited heart and with a childlike faith that is so precious to You.

No comments: