Wednesday, January 29, 2014

An Unexplained Healing

Listen to this!

  •  This Soul on the Street has been mentioned before in our update posts. He is an older man. He has a chronic illness in stage 4. After routine blood work, his doctor scheduled him an appointment.  Usually the doctor adjusts medications over the phone but this time they asked him to come in face to face to discuss the results.
All they wanted to do was tell him good news!

He was told he would be chronically anemic -but he is no longer anemic!

He was told he would be chronically low potassium - but he is no longer low potassium!

His blood pressure and cholesterol came back perfect!

He has been hypothyroid for years and years and they cut his dose to 1/3!

But that's not all.  He had another appointment leading up to last week regarding his chronic illness.  Today he told us this:

"For two and a half years I have gotten no worse in being Stage 4.  This is a progressive disease, so the fact that it has not worsened is atypical.  Today they told me that I have actually gained back some of my function.  I'm scoring better than I did two and a half months ago!  I know this is because God is still trying to show me that He has plans for my life."

A year ago I tuned in to the webcast of the Verge 2013 conference in Austin, where I watched this video:



It changed me.  It changed what I wanted, out of being a Christian and serving Him.

I have been looking to pray specifically for God's restorative miracles in the lives of the Souls on the Street.  It has been hard at times to pray with faith and with the authority the Father gives us because of the Son of God.  There are waves where the Spirit has made me obedient.  I am just thankful that sometimes my prayers resemble the Christianity I see in scripture. Ephesians 1:20-21; 2:6,

He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named.... ...and [He] raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus....  

He is sharing this dominion over every spiritual force, freely given to us through faith in Jesus Christ. Unbelievable!!


Jesus, Praise You!  You are the King.  I long to see Your power, I long to see you glorified.  God without you we can do nothing.  We can ask You for our needs, we can share Your Words.  But only You give the increase.  Thank you for being there in the spaces between our prayers.  Thank you for keeping our hearts on course.  Please continue to show Your might through real people, real stories of transformation.  Thank you for meeting my needs specifically this week as well!



No comments: