Monday, October 7, 2013

Radio Silence

I've been silent.  You might be wondering why.

Four years I have been doing what in the fictional intelligence world of "La Femme Nikita" is called "Mandatory Refusal."  It means communication lines are severed and intel stops flowing.  In the sixth episode of season two, Michael's comm unit has been seized by the enemy's equipment; there is a breach in Section One.  Therefore Michael goes black to complete the mission before reporting in.

Has that ever been a picture of your life?  Obviously we don't have comm units in our ear through which we exchange intel with a base station.  How about when trust is lost?  When trust is low, what you say can be read the wrong way no matter how you try to explain it.  Communications are in all functionality, severed.  But your choices are not.

Sometimes we choose to do the right things because it's the right thing to do - even when no one understands that for the time being.

The works God has called me to faithfully oversee are now enough underway that I can share the remaining last steps publicly without risking losing the hearing of those I want to win.  It would be ironic to win God's plans without also winning people to it.  Right?  To the glory of God He has given me clarity through a sea of variables and I pray He will continue.  I have come out the other side gaining those things I hoped for!  He has saved me and given me purpose and I want to honor Him alone.  What a wonderful thing it is to undertake the interests of the Father!

The Spirit wants me to do a daily blog.  Nothing theologically fancy.  Nothing purely devotional.  Not totally about revival or how to start a movement or about homemaking.  God has asked me to open up my life and share it.  I don't like to and I don't want to.  I have asked God to forgive me.

I will also meditate on all your work, and talk of your deeds.  Psalm 77:12






No comments: