Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Souls on the Street

This weekend the Spirit told me to expect a storehouse of a variety of ministry to be in partnership with me.  This blog is one small step in faithfulness to that end.

On Monday I went in to see the women's ministry leader at Salem First Baptist and I shared what God had put on my heart that people don't need to see me dance again, but instead I would love to lead women in simple, repeatable worship dance together.  She loves the idea.

Well.  Tuesday I went downtown with my ministry partner.  She was recalling an instance when she was able to lead someone to God in her dance group.  I said, "Oh, you dance?"  Turns out she is into Hebraic dance too, only she has been leading women in this for years!  UNBELIEVABLE!  God is so good.  Would you also trust the Spirit in you to accomplish what is good and right?

Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe that I am He.  John 13:19

Soul & a Name
Soul # 28.
  • There have been many youths we've met on the street.  Some of them we still know.  Others we've known for a month or two never to be seen again.  Still others we meet only once.  The soul we met yesterday I will call Soul # 28 for his confidentiality.  Soul # 28 sat outside on the ground between downpours with a hat turned up for donations.  He had a sturdy winter coat on.  We went outside to talk to him and he appreciated a hot chocolate from us.  Soul # 28 grew up in Arizona.  He is 20 years old.  Last summer his mom was thrown in jail and will get out in 2018.  He's been on the move ever since.  He doesn't have many other relatives.  He is not sure where he is going to go next.  Maybe Eugene, maybe Washington.

Jesus, we lift up this soul to you and trust you to give him hope, salvation and a family.  Psalm 68:6 "God sets the solitary in families."






No comments: